Monday, July 24, 2006

bless your hearts...

"you don't have to worry about eyestrain from looking on the brighter side of life..."
-anonymous

Getting ill for more than i expected was horrible.
More than the discomfort, it's the not-being-able-to-do-what-i-normally-would-do that pains me the most...

I missed one thursday and one friday. But i guess that's how it must run...through the weekend...

There's more to being sick than just blowing my nose, coughing up (in my case, desperately trying to) unnecessaries, staying in bed, drinking lots of and eating nothing but water...ack!

Being sick means a big disconnection for me... missing out on things i could have done, people i could have laughed with, people i could have made happier, in my own dorky way of course...

I guess it's my body's way of saying I should slow down a bit...
so i did...
slow down...
a bit...

though i'm still not one hundred percent okay today, i just had to go back and do the show...
short of breath still, but there's really nothing like it... (the show i mean, not my breath...ack!)
it's my own elixir...my energy potion...

today, i got a big brown teddy bear...sweet as sugar...sent through courier...
made me smile real big this morning...

i got flowers from an anonymous lady just a couple of days before i got sick...like she knew i'd need the comfort of beautiful tulips eventually...bless your heart too... still don't know your name...but thank you...

and all the emails, text messages, poems, calls and well wishes...goodness... you're all too kind...
bless your heart for always...

I used to dread getting sick but looking at it at a different angle makes it bearable...because of unbelievable kindness all around...

wow.

this is why i'm a big fan of the human spirit.

yours.

and yes...

mine too.

=)

3 Comments:

Blogger fran said...

i've always believed that having a good heart attracts people.
me thinks you're very nice and people just cant help it but love you. hee. hee. and with such a pretty face? tsk. people doesnt stand a chance. they will be all over you, showering you with even more love. :) have a good one. ^_^

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 8:39:00 AM  
Blogger fran said...

i've always believed that having a good heart attracts people.
me thinks you're very nice and people just cant help it but love you. hee. hee. and with such a pretty face? tsk. people doesnt stand a chance. they will be all over you, showering you with even more love. :) have a good one. ^_^

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 8:39:00 AM  
Blogger 10 said...

on saying 'love you, love you':

a poet once wrote:
'Never seek to tell thy love,
Love that never told can be;
For the gentle wind does move, silently,
invisibly.'

This is faith in the unspoken,
belief in its greatness,
that sometimes it need not be said to exist.

Monday, August 07, 2006 11:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home