Monday, July 31, 2006

to my lover

this is a love letter...

"I love you like I never let yourself feel again...
I love you with my whole heart until it bends...
I love you like a lover till the end..." - Even So, Rachael Yamagata

i have been trying my very best to stay away from you...
because everybody says you're simply no good for me...

and it's breaking my heart...

for i have gotten so used to
waking up with you in the morning...
enjoying your company in the middle of the day...
feeling your comforting warmth on a cold night...

You have always been there for me...
in all my trials and victories...
you have been part of my every day...
every celebration...
every misery...
you understand me...

you were there...
when i'd cry...
laugh...
smile...
you know me...

you've given me...
comfort...
warmth...
excitement...
you inspire me.

you cheer me up...
perk me up...
pick me up...
you move me...

But being with you all these years...
is taking it's toll on me...
i've had too much of you...

too much that i lose sight
of what's wrong...
and what's right...
i get nervous...
my heart beats so fast
i can't breathe...
i can't sleep...
i can't eat...

i must let you go...

slowly...
weaning myself...

and it's not easy...

everyday...

i get a whiff of your scent...
your aroma...
calling me...
teasing me...

i look for you...
i crave for you...

the symptoms are too much to bear...

my hands shake...
my head hurts...

you are no longer with me...
and part of me feels empty...

no matter how much i want you...
you are not what i need...

i was your Bonnie...
you were my Clyde...

it was dangerous...
risky...
yet so much fun...
and i must say,
we had a great run...

i took you for what you were...
strong...
black...
bold.
..

sometimes hot...
sometimes cold...

but now...

dear lover.
dear friend.

our love affair...
must come to an end.

(i have had a love affair with coffee for as long as i can
remember...but lately i had to stay away from it...
this is my way of saying goodbye...
to the greatest lover of all time..."adios mi cafe!"...
until we meet again...hehehe)





1 Comments:

Blogger fran said...

ohhh. i lurve this post! i feel for you, k. but i just cant end my love affair with coffee. :)
have a good one! :)

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 8:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home